The live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender film has been a long time coming. After its release, it is sure to be the movie of the year! There are many things that fans can look forward to seeing in this live-action adaptation, including a new cast and plotline. In this post, we will discuss some of these features as well as provide updates on when you can see for yourself how amazing it is going to be!
Late 2022 or even 2023
Cast and characters:
-The Water Tribe will likely include Katara (played by Kiernan Shipka) as well as her brother Sokka (played by Noah Centineo), who live in the village of the Southern Water Tribe.
– The Fire Nation will likely include Mai (played by Lana Condor): Zuko’s (played by James Earl Jones) love interest.
– King Bumi (played by Donnie Yen). He is a retired general who now lives as an eccentric hermit, having travelled the world to gain worldly knowledge; he has taken residence at Omashu, a large city of rock located on the east coast.
– Guru Pathik (played by Cliff Curtis) is an Airbending guru with tattoos covering his body and face; he can live without food or water for months at a time because of how long it takes to digest the massive amounts of energy in fruit.
– Master Piandao (played by David Faustino) is Sokka’s sword-fighting teacher.
– Master Pakku (played by Seychelle Gabriel) is Katara’s water bending master and the Northern Water Tribe representative to the United Republic Council. She takes on an open-minded attitude toward love, but her familiar personality hides a fierce determination that propels her into battle.
– Yagoda (played by Lisa Edelstein) is a young woman of the Northern Water Tribe who teaches Katara water bending and heals Sokka’s impaling wounds after they are attacked on their way to find an Earthbending teacher for Aang. She later accompanies them back to the North Pole so that Aang can learn Waterbending.
– Master Arnook (played by Aasif Mandvi) is the leader of the Northern Water Tribe and Sokka’s master after he gains his support to help fight against Ozai.
– Ty Lee, and Zuko’s daughter Izumi while his son is someone that we have yet to cast for. We are considering Will Smith or Tom Holland for this role.
– The Earth Kingdom will likely include Toph (played by Awkwafina) and Suki.
Avatar Korra’s daughter is someone that we are still considering for this role, but our top choices right now are either Amandla Stenberg or Madelaine Petsch.
Our version of the live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender live-action film will follow Aang’s son Kuzon who is now in his late 30s. His children are around the ages of their parents when the original series took place, so there really isn’t a need to cast older actors aside from someone that can play Ty Lee or Master Arnook (the head of the Northern Water Tribe).
The live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender live-action film is now in preproduction and will begin filming this June. It’s possible that we could have a teaser trailer up by December or January, but it all depends on how quickly post-production goes.
leaves for Fire Nation after getting into a fight with his parents. Searching for more information on the four airbenders that were among Aang’s original group of friends, he runs across an old friend in Yu Dao who tells him about one of them who lives nearby under another identity.
Kuzon travels to this town to find this person, who is actually none other than Avatar Aang himself. Upon meeting Kuzon, however, he decides that it’d be better to have someone else take his place as the Avatar since being in hiding has taken its toll on him physically and psychologically.