Let’s have a general discussion to understand custom software Solutions. Just have a glance around and think how working conditions have been changed since last 10 to 15 years. How has this world become “Global Village”? Can we think to keep in-touch without Internet, cell phone, TV and other related devices with rest of the world? Information Technology has rapidly and tremendously changed every field.
Astrology, geology, hydrology, nature, human life, archeology, entertainment and film industry, agriculture and so on are getting assistance from computer related programs. Can an astrologist get help from the devices / tools of archeologist? A desktop computer cannot meet the requirements of a film producer, do you know why? The answers of these questions are very simple that the need of every field is different from other.
Now coming to our core point i.e. custom software Solutions. The need of every field has developed a scenario. This is why enterprises are working and investing for digital solutions. This is all done just to make life easier and to explore new spaces. Custom software solutions provide more accurate and desired results with regard to specific industry or organization. It helps to make more cognitive data and probability of error in decision making decreases.
What is Custom Software Solutions?
In simple words, it means to develop software for a specific users and organization according to their needs. Software market is a broad one. Software available, even free of cost, does not meet the requirements of every user. This is again due to the unique features of the business that force the management to hire I.T. specialist. For example; Microsoft Office developed products to be used commercially. These products meet the general needs within office. On the other hand, custom software are designed for a defined needs and requirements. Custom Software Solutions is also known as “Bespoke Software.”
Where and how Custom Software is developed?
Custom software is developed at two places either in-house Solutions teams like within an organization. Such organizations have their own I.T. personnel and teams. They develop this software keeping in view their system requirements.
The second option is outsourcing custom software from third party. Developers apply the same methodologies, gathering, code construction, testing and Solutions as performed there in-houses.
What efforts include Custom Software Solutions?
Here are mentioned the efforts linked with Solutions of custom software:
- Customization of Application.
- It means to modify COTS software according to individual’s need.
- Modernization of Application.
- It refers to maintaining the possibility of meeting the user’s needs and demands.
- Management of Application.
- This stage makes software effective in such a way like installation, performance and feasibility, updating and functions.
Importance of Custom Software Solutions
It is importance because it is developed according to specific and unique needs of the client. It is developed to perform defined task making the process errorless.
Here are some major benefits:
- Custom software is developed with a specific purpose and productivity. It swiftly produces output as and when required.
- Custom software is scalable because it remains flexible and editable according to need. Keeping in view the future needs, the required features can easily be incorporated in the software. It lessens the costs too.
- Cost effective
- While using the market software, it usually happens that the software does not meet the requirements then the organization will bear costs to amend in this software, leading to increase expenses. But custom software will straightly work on the target without any extra budget.
- Profitability ratio
- It is clear till now, after discussing the above benefit, reduction in cost will automatically boost the revenue of the company.
- Clearly, custom software provides freedom to access at any time according to the needs of the organization.
Which can be effective custom software?
We are going to discuss some key factors to make the custom software more effective.
- Supportive and user friendly: Custom software is comparatively more supportive and user friendly because the language used is easily understood.
- Data handling: It becomes easier to handle the requisite data. The required information regarding any transaction, cash and transfer can easily be managed.
- Private and secure: Custom software is developed for any organization specifically without any other intervention. So it remains more secure and private.
- Consolidation: Addition can be made according to the needs of the organization at any time.
- New features: It provides access to add new opportunities and as and when required.
- Growth: Above all factors, it helps to grow the wealth of the organization.
What to consider while developing custom software?
Technological changes are growing on daily basis. It is necessary to keep in mind the following factors.
- Source: It is necessary that the source code is open to the users. It will provide opportunity to increase the productivity through reuse by the users.
- Cloud based: This feature allows chasing advantages while hosted by the cloud. Such environments support coding, testing, integration and relevant Solutions actions.
- (AI): Artificial Intelligence empowers the software to follow the user’s decision making. Solutions process can be improved by applying it.
- Mobile usage: It has been researched that consumer buying behavior is transferring from products and services to experience. So the software must be compatible and connected with mobile applications. It makes smooth relation and improves user experience.
- Low Coding: It is Solutions practice used by the developer. It enables the user to develop software easily without using codes. It reduces the cost of the user.
- Digitally linked: Blockchain is considered as more secure digital ledger. It reduces cost and improves trust by reducing the intervention of the other parties.
Maintenance and Management of the software
Changing in requirements of the organization leads to changes is made in the custom software. So, the need of maintenance factors and up gradation remains there with it. To keep it working effectively, testing services, lifecycle and quality of output should be kept in mind. Outsourcing such tasks and getting advantages of automation, enables the organization to keep working on software.