This series follows Lyra Belacqua as she embarks on a journey to find her kidnapped friend and discover more about the mysterious Dust. Along the way, Lyra meets new friends who are all searching for their own answers too- an alethiometer-wielding girl named Alice; two witches called Serafina Pekkala and Ruta Skadi; Lord Asriel’s Egyptian lieutenant Lee Scoresby; and others whose lives have become entwined with hers. This article is about His Dark Materials Season 3.
Release date of His Dark Materials Season 3:
Cast and characters of His Dark Materials Season 3::
– Dafne Keen as Lyra Belacqua: a twelve-year-old girl who lives in Jordan College, Oxford.
– Ruth Wilson as Marisa Coulter: a former lover of Lord Asriel and the mother of Lyra’s friend Roger.
– Lin Manuel Miranda as Lee Scoresby: an independent Texan balloonist, who aids Lyra in her journey to find Dust.
– James McAvoy as Lord Asriel: a renegade and adventurer, who is Lyra’s father.
– Georgina Campbell as Mary Malone: an ex-nun and physicist from the fictional Oxford college St Sophia’s, who was originally raised by nuns until she ran away.
– Clarke Peters as Cuthbert: an academic at Jordan College and former Master. His character is based on that of Charles Percy Snow, an English physical chemist, novelist, and the 1958 president of the Royal Society.
– James Cosmo as Farder Coram: a former sailor who is now one of Lord Asriel’s trusted allies; he has a strong fatherly relationship with Lyra.
– Ruta Gedmintas as Serafina Pekkala: One of the queen witch clan leaders, who have a long-standing relationship with Lyra.
– Will Keen as Lord Asriel: His Dark Materials’ main protagonist will be portrayed by actor James McAvoy in this series.
– Anne Marie Duff as Mrs Macready/Marisa Coulter /Serafina Pekkala – She plays three different roles in His Dark Materials.
– James Cosmo as Farder Coram: His character is based on the witch clan leader Cori, whose name was changed to “Coram Moses” in His Dark Materials.
– Ariyon Bakare as Father MacPhail/Lee Scoresby – His Dark Materials season three will be the second time Bakare has played a His Dark Materials character.
His Dark Materials season three follows Lyra as she tries to save her best friend Roger from the Gobblers and find out how Dust came into existence. Her journey leads her all over Northern Europe where she meets new friends such as an alethiometer expert named Hannah and a witch named Serafina. As she’s searching for her friend, Lyra uncovers the truth about His Dark Materials’ first book The Golden Compass as well as how Dust came into existence in this world.
The His Dark Materials cast includes Dafne Keen, Ruth Wilson, Lin-Manuel Miranda and James McAvoy.
What’s new in season three?
His Dark Materials season three is the final chapter of His Dark Materials. Season two left off with Lyra, Roger and their other friends in danger from the Magisterium after they escaped Mrs Coulter’s clutches during a battle to save Cittagazze.