English is a valuable language that will benefit you in all aspects of your life. In today’s global village, English is required to communicate with people from all over the world. It will aid in an individual’s entire development. English literature is a fascinating subject that exposes us to diverse civilizations around the world through prose, poetry, fiction novels, and many other forms. The CBSE class 9 revised syllabus is divided into three sections: reading skills, writing skills with grammar, literature textbook, and additional reading material. The course is extensive, and in order to succeed, you must thoroughly study the texts. If you wish to score higher than 90, you must stick to a strict programme or timetable. Because of the continuing pandemic, CBSE has decided to decrease 30% of the syllabus so that pupils do not struggle to keep up with the extensive course. Here are some pointers on how to get a score of more than 90 on your class 9 English exam :
- Syllabus and Exam Pattern : Familiarize yourself with the CBSE class 9 English syllabus. The English test is divided into three sections: reading skills, writing skills with grammar, and a literary textbook with extra reading text. The exam is worth 100 points, including 80 points for written exams and 20 points for speaking and listening skills. Know your syllabus thoroughly and plan your schedule accordingly.
- Avoid Grammatical Errors : Grammatical errors in your exam should be avoided. You should be well-versed in English grammar in order to avoid grammatical blunders. Practice composing answers to lessen the likelihood of grammatical errors. Understand the grammatical rules. Grammar books might also be useful in guiding you. You can solve and practise example papers to find out where you fall short. If you have any grammar questions, seek the advice of your teacher. Grammar is the most important aspect of the English language, so practise it on a daily basis. If your response is correct, the examiner will award you full marks with no deductions.
- Sample papers : To determine your level of preparedness, practise sample papers, which are also available in the English textbook. To double-check your answers, consult the NCERT class 9 English solutions. This will also increase your self-esteem. You will become aware of your weak and strong points. Apart from that students will also be able to increase their writing speed accordingly.
- Make a Timetable : A suitable timeline is required if you want to get higher than 90 on your English exam. To finish the curriculum, you must study it in a disciplined and organised manner. You should allot time to each of the three sections. Put the same amount of attention and time into all of these areas. Time alloting is also very important for exams, many students are not able to finish the question paper. Hence students must work accordingly.
- Improve your writing skills : Writing on a regular basis is essential for performing well in your English exam. Practice composing answers so you can present them correctly in the exam. You can write your own summaries for different chapters given in the textbooks. To improve your writing skills, try composing articles, reports, letters, stories, and notice. You should make every effort to avoid grammatical errors. Teacher’s first impression is always grammar so students must pay extra attention to their writing skills and grammar
- Read the following passages from your NCERT BOOKS CLASS 9 ENGLISH MOMENTS : Reading will be extremely beneficial to you throughout your exam preparation. All of your English texts should be thoroughly read. It will familiarise you with all of the chapters. You will be able to obtain a thorough understanding of the lessons. You will also learn new words that will assist you in your writing. In your English exam, you will be able to write useful responses. Students can also read other books such as novels in order to increase their vocabulary which will be a plus point in exams.
- Don’t include anything that isn’t absolutely necessary : Do not include any extraneous or irrelevant information in your exam replies. This will leave an unfavourable impression on the examiner. Your response should only include the information related to topic.
Information that is needed Unnecessary or irrelevant information will make your answer less presentable, and you may lose marks as a result. Keep your response brief and to the point.
- Online resources include : There are numerous online resources for CBSE class 9 English. You can use them as a guide and a place to take notes. If you don’t understand a chapter or are having problems taking notes, look through these online resources. You can view online tutorials to get answers to your questions. Students must make best use of the resources available.
- Clear your doubts : If you have any questions about a particular chapter or lesson, approach your teacher for assistance. Do not leave your questions till the day before the exam. This will be difficult for you. It will also raise different confusion in students’ mind.
- Take Breaks : In order to perform well in any exam, you must allow yourself time to relax. It will assist you in remembering better. In your exam, you will be able to compose clear answers.
If you are taking your CBSE class 9 English exam this year, be sure to follow the above-mentioned recommendations to achieve a score of more than 90. If you strictly adhere to these guidelines, you will undoubtedly achieve your goal.