NCIS has been on the air for 19 seasons now, and NCIS season 19 is set to premiere in September. NCIS has a large cast of characters that have all at one point or another played an important role throughout the show’s history. Season 19 will be the first time many of these new cast members will appear on NCIS, so here are some quick facts about them!
Cast and characters:
NCIS season 19 has a few new cast members:
– Mark Harmon as NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, the team’s senior agent and leader
– Pauley Perrette as NCIS Forensic Specialist Abby Scuito
– Michael Weatherly as NCIS Special Agent Anthony D. DiNozzo Jr., Senior NCIS Agent who is also the lead investigator on NCIS
– Sean Murray as NCID Special Agent Timothy McGee, Senior NCIS agent
– Wilmer Valderrama as NCIS Special Agent Nicholas “Nick” Torres. NCI Specialist and former Marine sniper with a lot of experience in undercover work. He has an uncanny ability to read people and understand their motives
– Rocky Carroll as NCIS Director Leon Vance, who is Gibbs’ boss. He has been with NCIS for a number of years
– Emily Wickersham as NCIS Special Agent Eleanor Bishop. She’s an agent that recently transferred to NCIS in order to work with Michael Weatherly’s character Anthony DiNozzo. She’s NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo
– Duane Henry as NCIS Special Agent Steven D’Orio, a member of the NCIS Cyber Division and one of the youngest members in NCIS history. He also has an impressive understanding of technology and is always looking for ways to integrate it into his work.
– NCIS Supervisory Special Agent Vivian Blackadder, a Senior NCIS Investigator who supervises the Cyber division
– Maria Howell as NCIS Legal Counsel Jackie Vance. She is Tony’s wife and she serves on an advisory board for NCIS’ Academy in Quantico.
NCIS is a federal law enforcement and military (counterintelligence) agency that investigates crimes involving U.S. Navy personnel, including the Marine Corps under certain circumstances. NCIS investigates all serious crimes that are committed.
Against, U.S. Navy personnel and their families which include: terrorism (including nuclear threats), espionage (both foreign and domestic), sabotage of naval ships or stations; hijacking US military vessels; attacks on defence plants supplying goods to the armed forces; assaults on Naval communications facilities; attacks on other military installation (including those of the Marine Corps); prejudicial crimes committed by Navy personnel that would affect morale or good order; and any other act likely to result in serious injury, loss of life, or significant property damage.
NCIS is a branch within the Department of Defense but it has federal authority which supersedes all state/local laws. NCIS employs two special agents and other personnel to carry out the following functions:
– Investigate crimes that are alleged, suspected or committed by those who work for, with or on behalf of the Department of Defense (DoD)
– Collect evidence in order to present it convincingly in a court-martial proceeding
– Provide NCIS expertise and support to other agencies, both military and civilian
– Carry out special tasks as directed by the Secretary of Defense.
NCIS carries out its mission through a worldwide network with nine domestic field offices located in strategic locations throughout the United States (Los Angeles, CA; New Orleans, LA; Jacksonville & Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL; Chicago, IL; Washington NCIS Headquarters in the Pentagon) and more than 75 NCIS attaché offices in U.S. embassies worldwide.
What’s in previous seasons?
NCIS Season One NCIS is the world’s most successful espionage organization and it operates with a staff of only three dozen people, including their boss. NCIS has an unofficial fourth branch: NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), who leads his team on investigations throughout America and abroad.