There are many choices when it comes to outdoor lights today. This website will help you with many ideas and where to find top suppliers of outdoor lights.
Wondering how to illuminate the front porch, or driveway, or have lighting to set the perfect mood for your backyard? There are many ideas today using outdoor lights that can help with all of these needs.
A wide variety of light fixtures and lighting designs are available in the market to light up different outdoor areas. You can choose according to the decor and your taste. Outdoor lights can add to the style quotient of your house when chosen correctly.
Modern lighting outdoor Along with paying attention to the style and design of the outdoor lighting fixtures you also need to keep in mind the durability factor.
These lights will be outside your house and thus need to be sturdy and able to bear difficult weather conditions.
This is why you need to opt for outdoor lights fixtures that can stand varying weather conditions like rain, hail or sun exposure.
When you look for outdoor lights options it is better to know a few things ahead of time. The common areas which need to be lighted up are: porches, driveways, gates, pathways, enclosed arenas, decks, patios, back yards, pool areas and such others. You need to choose fixtures that compliment these particular places. The interior and exterior decor of the house also needs to be kept in mind.
Outdoor lights of good quality come with certification which ensures that it is suitable for outdoor use and would function properly even when exposed to extreme weather conditions. However it is a good idea to put up the light fixtures in such a way that they are protected from direct exposure. Proper maintenance is also necessary in order to avail optimum usage from these fixtures.
Manual outdoor lighting fixtures are popular choices if you want to get these at affordable rates.
However the new trend for homeowners is to opt for automatic outdoor lights fixtures. These are energy saving and convenient as well.
You need not bother about when to turn them on or off. The motion sensor equipped light fixtures are also favored in the modern homes of today.
Be it simple pole lights or tiered or louvered ones, outdoor lights encompass a wide array. With these different light fixtures and a little bit of imagination and creativity it becomes easy to transform an ordinary space according to your desire.
For example, if you wish to create a magical atmosphere around your garden pathway, opt for sunken lights that give out a muted glow.
Landscape lighting ideas the exteriors of your house can be done up in a number of ways using various outdoor lights fixtures.
The choice of light types available is also numerous. They can be spot lights, sleek white lights, incandescent bulbs, halogens and so on.
Creating an atmosphere to your liking is not the only necessity; you need to pay attention to the necessity as well. A sparsely lit driveway would be a good idea!
There are many benefits of outdoor lights aside from giving more light or giving more beauty to the areas mentioned above. The benefits are the following:
- If a homeowner is looking at lessening his electrical bill, this type of light is the answer because LEDs are energy efficient as compared to fluorescent and incandescent lighting.
- Time has proven too that this type of light lasts 6 times longer than fluorescent and incandescent lights, giving more value for your money.
- They produce a much brighter, whiter, more concentrated light therefore they can brighten a specific area much better.
- They are environment friendly because they don’t release inert gases into the environment that you can find in other types of lighting previously mentioned.
- Not only can they be powered by electricity, they can also be powered through solar energy using solar panels, which is another factor that makes these lights energy efficient.
The most popular types of outdoor lights with LED is the following: outdoor LED spotlight, LED colored rock lights, LED pond lights, LED patio deck lights, and outdoor LED spotlights. Among these the easiest to install are the LED patio deck lights because you can easily fit them into any surface, just drill a few holes for the mounting unit and you’re good to go.
Now after learning of the wonderful benefits of this type of lights you suddenly thought of getting some for yourself but before you go out there here are important things that you should know about LED lighting for outdoor use.
What You Must Know before Installing Outdoor lights
Here you will learn what you must know before an outdoor lights project begins.
- Buy only brand names to ensure high standards of quality to give more value for you money. Quality products last longer thus you will get the most savings not only in the purchase of lights but also in the consumption of energy thus lesser power bills.
- Check the labels and/or the packaging to see to it that the type of light you bought is really for that specific area where you want to place the lights.
- When it comes to LED lights the idea is location-location-location; therefore, before you buy outdoor lights carefully plan where you are going to put the lights. You should position your lights at a location where the light shines down in an angle that is if you want to get maximum coverage. But if you want a concentrated light beam adjust the position accordingly.
- Take note too that the ideal height for mounting such lights is at 8 to 10 feet from the ground.
- Planning is also essential in choosing how many lights you’re going to install for a specific area of your yard. Since they emit a whiter and brighter light, you can buy less numbers than you would with the use of other types of lighting.
- If you need more light and some accents consider purchasing LED spotlights. These lights compared to the halogen type give off less heat while emitting the same brightness.
- Outdoor lights comes in many colors but pure white LED lights are highly recommended that is if you wish for a dramatic effect on the area where you want to set-up your lighting. If you want to light up or accentuate the beauty of a specific tree or plants on your garden at nighttime, use warm white or amber colored lights.
- Since you are installing lights for outdoor use don’t forget to use weatherproof equipment and housing for your lights to ensure maximum lifetime.
- If you’re going to use light strings do not attach standard light strings to LED light strings and vice versa the end result is power loss or worse a fire.
10. Lastly before installing outdoor lights, be sure that you have turned off the electrical current from the mains to prevent the risk of electrocution.