On Saturday morning, the unfortunate news of Hana Kimura's death came at the age of 22.
The Stardom star had been bullied online after an episode of a Netflix reality show "Terrace House" aired. In this episode, she lost her temper with one of her castmates when she was portrayed as a villain. Because of this, he received a lot of harassment from fans.
As a result, he was dealing with severe depression and was very concerned about his well-being on Friday night after sharing Twitter photos of cuts to his arm. For more information on his death and to read the statement issued by Stardom, click here.
Here is a small sample of some of the reactions of people in the wrestling business:
Hana's passing should be a wake-up call for everyone. "Online" is the real world, with real people, real emotions and very real repercussions.
AWAKE! BE MORE KIND. DO IT BETTER. If not for you, for Hana. #RIPHanaKimura
– VERDE CHELSEA (@ImChelseaGreen) May 23, 2020
I remember Todd Sinclair, who was key to bringing Stardom to ROH, excited about how good they are. One that really stood out to me that first night, was Hana. She had "IT", a charisma that is not often seen. She was shining in and out of the ring. And that smile was contagious. #RIPHanaKimura
– Bobby Cruise (@realBobbyCruise) May 23, 2020
I did not know Hana Kimura, since I am reading all the incredible things that are said about her, I can say that she left a great impact in this world. It is incredibly tragic that a young woman has been subjected to such horrible hatred by people who did not even know her. 💔
– 🌺 (@NiaJaxWWE) May 23, 2020
My heart hurts.
Please extend kindness. You have no idea what someone else is going through.
– The Bunny 🐇 (@AllieWrestling) May 23, 2020
I hope I never hear someone describe …
"Negative comments online"
"Part of the job"
… Never more
Because it shouldn't be like this.
RIP. Hana Kimura
– Ethan Page played by Julian (@OfficialEGO) May 23, 2020
Rest in peace Hana Kimura.
– Christopher Daniels (@facdaniels) May 23, 2020
Every last person who sent Hana's abuse should be made to crawl at Kimura-san's feet to ask for forgiveness.
A mother has lost her child due to hateful words.
When will you learn to be responsible?
– Viper-Piper Niven (@viperpiperniven) May 23, 2020
I am lost for the words!
I met a young, fun, cool, and extremely beautiful Hana Kimura not too long ago. He admired her and was sure that everyone loved her. It is heartbreaking. RIP Angel 🌟
– Alpha female (@Jazzy_Gabert) May 23, 2020
Tell me it's not real about #Hana 😔
– Tama "The Good Bad Guy" Tonga (@Tama_Tonga) May 23, 2020
I didn't know Hana Kimura, but I thought she was immensely charismatic and talented. The circumstances of his death are incredibly sad.
– Florida man (@WWEBigE) May 23, 2020
I really didn't know you, but I know how you felt. I've been there. They told me to die. They told me it was worth nothing. A piece of shit. A terrible human being. It hurts … until you want to disconnect from everything. A world so angry and sad that we are. I am so sorry I failed you. 😞 #RIPHanaKimura
– Austin Healy Aries (@AustinAries) May 23, 2020
F thugs. Everyone needs to wake up … these are REAL people. Not just characters in a TV show, movie, or whatever. Tragic.
RIP Hana. He left too soon. 🤍
– ℭ (@DakotaKai_WWE) May 23, 2020
– Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline) May 23, 2020
Be nice. Please. #RIPHanaKimura
– CORINO (@StevenCorino) May 23, 2020
Good luck, Hana Kimura.
– Adam Pearce (@ScrapDaddyAP) May 23, 2020
I have tried since last night to find the words. But I just can't. Rip Hana Kimura.
– Big Mike (@ MichaelElgin25) May 23, 2020
– KALISTO (manny) (@KalistoWWE) May 23, 2020
So incredibly sad. RIP Hana Kimura. Young Goddess
– Frankie Kazarian (@FrankieKazarian) May 23, 2020
Kindness costs nothing. We as human beings can do much better.
My prayers go out to Hana Kimura's friends and loved ones. 🙏🏼
– Madison Rayne (@MadisonRayne) May 23, 2020
I'm not sure if I met Hana Kimura, if I had, I would have been with ROH I guess, but it seems like the fighting world lost another great soul and a good friend to a lot of people. I am sorry for the loss of everyone, and I hope you are doing your best. ❤️
– Hurricanes Helms (@ShaneHelmsCom) May 23, 2020
Social harassment is serious and has to stop.
Rip Hana Kimura
– Stu Grayson from Dark Order (@stu_dos) May 23, 2020
The National Wrestling Alliance sends its deepest condolences on the passing of the star Stardom #HanaKimura.
– NWA (@nwa) May 23, 2020
Heartbreaking news about Hana Kimura. I met her very briefly and you could tell instantly that she was special. Thinking of her, her family and friends today.
– Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) May 23, 2020
I tried to hold back the laugh, but once she said, "I'm so muscular," I couldn't help but laugh.
– Kelly Klein (@RealKellyKlein) May 23, 2020
We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Hana Kimura.
Hana was a beautiful and talented star!
Words are powerful.
Please be kind.
– ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) May 23, 2020