James Corden was in for a big surprise on Tuesday’s episode of The Late Late Show. Tom Cruise made an appearance to promote his new movie Top Gun: Maverick, and he brought with him a very special guest star. The fighter jet from the movie! Cruise got into the cockpit and took Corden for a ride, and it wasn’t what the late-night host was expecting.
The storyline of the Top Gun: Maverick
The Top Gun: Maverick is that Cruise’s character, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, is now a flight instructor teaching a new generation of Top Gun pilots. Corden joked that he was hoping to be one of those students, but it looks like he’ll have to settle for being scared witless in the passenger seat. Check out the video above to see the Top Gun: Maverick fighter jet in action and Tom Cruise scare James Corden! On June 26, Top Gun: Maverick will be released in theatres. It’s been 34 years since the original Top Gun came out, and it looks like Tom Cruise has lost none of his daredevil edges.
Names of the characters in the Top Gun: Maverick
Here are the celebrity’s names mentioned below:
- Tom Cruise as Capt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin
- Miles Teller as Lt. Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw
- Val Kilmer as Adm. Tom ‘Iceman’ Kazansky
- Bashir Salahuddin as Wo-1. Bernie ‘Hondo’ Coleman
- Jon Hamm as Adm. Beau ‘Cyclone’ Simpson
- Charles Parnell as Adm. Solomon ‘Warlock’ Bates
- Monica Barbaro as Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace
- Lewis Pullman as Lt. Robert ‘Bob’ Floyd
- Jay Ellis as Lt. Reuben ‘Payback’ Fitch
- Danny Ramirez as Lt. Mickey ‘Fanboy’ Garcia
- Glen Powell as Lt. Jake ‘Hangman’ Seresin
- Jack Schumacher as Lt. Neil ‘Omaha’ Vikander
- Manny Jacinto as Lt. Billy ‘Fritz’ Avalone
- Kara Wang as Lt. Callie ‘Halo’ Bassett
- Greg Tarzan Davis as Lt. Javy ‘Coyote’ Machado
- Jake Picking as Lt. Brigham ‘Harvard’ Lennox
- Raymond Lee as Lt. Logan ‘Yale’ Lee
What you need to know about Top Gun: Maverick
He took Corden up in the Top Gun: Maverick fighter jet, and let’s just say the late-night host was not expecting the extreme G-forces and sharp turns. Corden struggled to keep his lunch down as Cruise put the jet through its paces, at one point even saying, “I’m going to vomit.” But it wasn’t all bad, as the two also got to experience the famous ” Top Gun handshake.” “I have never been so scared and also excited at the same time,” Corden said after they landed. We don’t know about you, but we’re now even more excited for Top Gun: Maverick.
Exclusive to Maverick, Top Gun! Marvel/Jennifer DC’s Connelly Wants To Be A Middle-Aged Woman Superhero Are you paying attention?
Tom Cruise is known for performing his stunts, and he took James Corden along for the ride of a lifetime when the Top Gun: Maverick star took him up in a fighter jet. Corden was nervous as they suited up and prepared for takeoff, telling Cruise, “I don’t know if I can do this.” But Cruise was nothing but encouraging, telling Corden he was going to do great. The nerves quickly turned into pure terror though when they took off and started doing barrel rolls. Corden screamed in fear as they did loop after loop, but Cruise just laughed and seemed to be having the time of his life.
What do you think about the Top Gun: Maverick?