Virgin River Season 4 is the latest instalment in Virgin River, and it does not disappoint. It has all of the elements that Virgin River fans are looking for, with a side of romance to boot. The cast features some new faces as well as old favourites such as Jack, Jody, Melinda and Preacher. As always there is plenty of drama going on in Virgin River; this time around we get to see how Abby’s relationship with her daughter-in-law plays out over the course of two seasons!
Cast and characters:
– Ben: Virgin River’s town doctor, he is the son of Virgin River founders, John and Leslie Barkley.
– Paige: Ben’s sister was born in Virgin River following an affair between her mother and a Mexican migrant worker at Virgin River lumber mill named Alejandro Duran. Paige has always been more like their father than their mother but she now feels that Virgin River is home.
– Jenny: Virgin River’s town nurse, she has a son named Tyler who was conceived when her husband was deployed to Afghanistan in the military and now lives with his father
– Miranda Flynn: Virgin River’s town sheriff, she is the daughter of Virgin River founders, John and Leslie Barkley.
– Virgin River Lumber Mill: There are many employees who work at the Virgin River lumber mill including workers like Alejandro Duran, Luis Montoya and Victor Sanchez. The Virgin Valley lumber mill was started by John and Leslie Barkley in 1989 when they bought the Virgin Valley Lumber Company.
Season four begins with a cold and snowy winter in the Virgin River where Jack, Mel, Vicky, and the kids are adjusting to life after Rick’s death during last year’s fire at Jackson Construction. With Steve around most days helping as their builder again, there is a sense of optimism returning to Virgin River.
The first storyline is about the return of old friends and foes from the Virgin River as they come together for Lucas’ trial, with dark secrets revealed that drastically change everyone’s lives.
Luke spends much of his time in Virgin River this season trying not only to keep up with construction at Jackson Construction but also to balance being a father and uncle again. He is now the sole guardian of his niece Denny who was left in Virgin River when her mother died during childbirth; he knows there are plenty of dangers on Virgin River’s winding roads for an eight-year-old girl with no family other than him.
Luke has had trouble staying sober since the death of his wife, and Virgin River’s idyllic setting proves an easy temptation. When he learns that Denny has been sneaking into bars with Gus, Luke tries to get her on track by buying a horse for her. But when she’s caught riding it in Virgin River after dark one evening, she ends up being taken home by Virgin River’s sheriff.
Faced with the prospect of taking Denny away from Virgin River, Luke searches for ways to help her stay on track when she starts rebelling against his rules; he realizes that winning over her heart is just as important as keeping her safe. If danger doesn’t claim Virgin River this season, then perhaps a little love might.