Another day, another Fire Emblem character added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. According to my account, there are about 100 of them at the moment. Thursday, Smash Ultimate The game's director, Masahiro Sakurai, announced that Byleth will join the series, with male and female forms.
In YouTube chat, fans were … disappointed. Sakurai seemed delighted, maybe she delights in this kind of response. The rest of the recorded presentation was equally shameless, with Sakurai apparently trolling Smash players with a long section on the history of the Fire Emblem franchise. Here are the things I learned:
- There are 17 Fire Emblem games
- How to have binary in my hands
- Sakurai recorded this video in November
- Apparently the whole story of Fire Emblem: three houses – Including many spoilers!
- Sakurai calls Metroid's brain mother "mom"
- The next six Super Smash Bros. Ultimate the characters have already been chosen, and Sakurai is do not taking suggestions on Twitter (please do not shout at him)
- Sakurai wonders if Smash is a fighting game
Yes, the ad gave us another Fire Emblem character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but what we have really received is much more. On Twitter, Sakurai is the internet chat, and I love it.
Smash fans: Sakurai please, no more Fire Emblem characters, I beg you, I don't think I can live with another FA representative
Sakurai: AFTER pic.twitter.com/K4swde7p2Q
– Kimerson (@TheKimersonShow) January 16, 2020
Thanks Sakurai You are my hero.