Fitness freaks and health practitioners are concerned about the amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins that they consume through different means. There is an enormous range of products in the market for those wanting to add extra nutrients to their diet. These health supplements are available in different forms, including powder, bars, drinks, tablets, etc. While selecting from these products, one has to make sure of its quality by checking the ingredients in these supplements. For those who follow non-vegetarian diets, this is comparatively an easier task. Then what about the vegetarians and vegans? The common assumption is that a vegetarian diet may not be sufficient to provide the required amount of proteins and other nutrients. In this case, one can choose a plant based protein to complement the diet.
Why plant-based proteins?
Proteins are the essential nutrients needed for the human body that plays a critical role in constructing and rejuvenating the cells. From nails and hair to the muscle development and production of hormones, they play an inevitable part.
- Certain protein supplements available in the markets may turn allergic even to the non-vegetarians. Some animal contents included in these products won’t be suitable for everyone.
- Some plant-based foods have higher quantities of protein contents than food items like egg, milk, meat or chicken. Some leafy vegetables and pulses are nutrient-rich than their meat-based counterparts.
- Plant products like pea and rice are granaries of complete proteins and essential amino acids. Consuming these products directly or indirectly through the means of supplements will help the vegetarians stay healthy without being concerned about the lack of nutrients. Besides this, they are rich in healthy fats like Glutamic Acid, Alanine, Tyrosine, Serine, Tryptophan and Arginine.
- Excess intake of animal products will lead to problems like cholesterol, fatty liver, obesity, etc. But, this is not applicable in the case of plant-based products. They are free from side effects and even work as solutions for diseases like cholesterol and fatty liver.
- A plant-based diet reduces the risk of diseases like cancer and various problems related to the heart.
- They promote weight loss and aids in healthy weight management. They have high amounts of protein but are low in fat and carbs, leading to weight gain.
- For those who aim to build muscles, the pregnant or nursing mothers, and older people who have muscle cramps and bone-related problems, these plant-based supplements are of great help.
- The products based on plant-based proteins are free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives that may affect health. The adding of healthy flavours will help to increase the taste.
- Moreover, they are nature-friendly products, as it uses minimum resources for the refinement process.
- As it makes no involvement of animals or animal products, the process involves no violence towards animals.
The right choice of a vegetarian diet plan and the intake of quality plant-based proteins help reduce diseases. It helps in maintaining a healthy body, without diseases, especially lifestyle diseases. Rich in proteins and essential amino acids, the plant-based supplements are highly recommended for vegans and vegetarians. These protein supplements are saviours for those people who have allergies to some components in the animal-based supplements. They are useful for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians. They promote better health by managing a healthy weight and a disease-free lifestyle.