It’s difficult for anyone to be as iconic as Tom Cruise. And it’s truly a testament to his talent that he’s managed to maintain such an incredible career for 40 years, against all odds. What Hollywood has not been able to do yet is find a way to replace him, even though he’d retired from action movies in the mid-2000s. And that is what the new Top Gun: Maverick is all about, as Cruise returns to play his character from the 1986 film, who’s now one of the best fighter pilots to ever come out of the Pentagon. But in an age where studios are seemingly more focused on remakes than original ideas and stories, it’s yet another disappointing sign of Hollywood’s unwillingness to go where it has never gone before with its biggest stars.
Introduction to Top Gun: Maverick
I was late for work, so I was driving the company car. The police pulled me over on the bridge and it wasn’t a friendly affair. But, you know what? After about two hours of arguing with them, I finally got my day back. I didn’t have to show up at the office. The police let me go with a `sorry for the inconvenience, sir.’ I’ve never felt happier.
Then, they came back with a warrant, searched my car, and found 8 kilos of pure cocaine hidden in the trunk. So… yeah… Not happy right now. My lawyer says I could get off in self-defense because there was no cocaine in the trunk when I left work.
Names of the characters in Top Gun: Maverick
Here are the celebrity’s names mentioned below:
- Tom Cruise as Capt. Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin
- Miles Teller as Lt. Bradley ‘Rooster’ Bradshaw
- Val Kilmer as Adm. Tom ‘Iceman’ Kazansky
- Bashir Salahuddin as Wo-1. Bernie ‘Hondo’ Coleman
- Jon Hamm as Adm. Beau ‘Cyclone’ Simpson
- Charles Parnell as Adm. Solomon ‘Warlock’ Bates
- Monica Barbaro as Lt. Natasha ‘Phoenix’ Trace
- Lewis Pullman as Lt. Robert ‘Bob’ Floyd
- Jay Ellis as Lt. Reuben ‘Payback’ Fitch
- Danny Ramirez as Lt. Mickey ‘Fanboy’ Garcia
- Glen Powell as Lt. Jake ‘Hangman’ Seresin
- Jack Schumacher as Lt. Neil ‘Omaha’ Vikander
- Manny Jacinto\ as Lt. Billy ‘Fritz’ Avalone
- Kara Wang as Lt. Callie ‘Halo’ Bassett
- Greg Tarzan Davis as Lt. Javy ‘Coyote’ Machado
- Jake Picking as Lt. Brigham ‘Harvard’ Lennox
- Raymond Lee as Lt. Logan ‘Yale’ Lee
- The storyline of Top Gun: Maverick
The storyline of the Top Gun: Maverick
This movie is about two rival fighter pilots and how one of them, Maverick, has to fight his way up the ranks after being demoted for a failed mission. He quickly learns that the difference between scoring and being shot down is often in the details. The storyline of this action film is interesting because it goes over different stages of a fighter jet’s training as well as some techniques on how to fly and land an aircraft while in combat. Besides the two-man flight and how to maneuver a fighter jet, here are some other important points that are covered in the movie.
Maverick is one of the best fighter pilots in his squadron and he has always made it at the top of the class. He has been in the military for six years and during this time he has only lost one mission. This is exemplified by his lower rank than his team leader, Goose. Maverick and Goose have a rivalry throughout when it comes to who will get promoted first.
Why was Paramount Pictures sued because of the film “Top Gun: Maverick”?
Former Paramount Pictures executive Gary Barber, who served as president of the film production company from 1992 to 1997, has filed a breach of contract lawsuit against the studio. He alleges that Paramount violated an oral agreement in which he was promised an opportunity to produce and direct a sequel to “Top Gun” as well as a third “Top Gun” installment. The lawsuit also seeks damages for lost profits and work on other films that he had been contracted for during his time with Paramount.
So, what do you think about Top Gun: Maverick?