A good school can provide a strong foundation for children so that they can build their educational and emotional extension on it. A good school system is designed to enable children to thrive in an environment that caters to their overall growth and that solidifies their learning and helps them grow into socially adept adults. A school has a wide spectrum in terms of academic courses or extracurricular activities that children can choose over the years, as interests develop and grow.
Finding a good school for children is a challenge for parents especially with how saturated the education business has become, especially in a city like Bangalore. There are often so many schools that the process of choice can become complex. Let’s look at a few points to understand how to determine which will the best school for your child.
- The structure of curriculum and academic performance – It is important to note how the school usually performs every academic year. Although results are dependent on individual performances, a collective analysis will show how effective are the processes of implementation of the curriculum. The way the syllabus is planned, like in best schools in bangalore, will also be beneficial to understand if it ensures smooth learning or keeps burdening the child.
- Board affiliation – Every school is affiliated with an education board that determines its curriculum for every stage of education. Parents can choose an ICSE schools in Bangalore to enrol their kids into based on their preferred board in terms of long-term benefits for the child.
- The school environment – Parents are often encouraged to visit schools before enrolling in their children. A first-hand experience may tell you a lot about the environment of a school that school brochures and websites will not. Notice the interactions between students, between the faculty and the students, the administrative set-up, how classes are being taken, even small things like how a school is decorated. No matter how good the curriculum is, a school needs to have a good environment for a child to thrive in, just like the top schools in Bangalore.
- Location of the school – In recent times, many cities and states have laws in place that ensure that the location of a child’s school is not further than a certain distance from home. The unnecessarily long daily commute will not only waste a lot of time but will end up making the child too tired to participate in anything else after school. A child needs to have well-rounded engagements in life, other than school, for their proper social and emotional development. Look online by searching terms like, ‘best school in Bangalore city’. Simple searches like this will present you with a collection of specific information. The location is also a factor while determining how safe the area is where the school is located. As we know, there can be no compromises made with the safety of children.
- Security Protocols – Parents want to ensure that the institution where their children spend a considerable amount of time in a day is a safe place. Speak to school authorities to understand the safety and security protocols that the school employs, not just within the campus but also on school buses and related events like field trips. Choose a school in bangalore that prioritise the safety and security of the students and undertake the best practices to ensure the same.
- Extra-curricular facilities – The overall development of a child should also include them being given the option to participate in extra-curricular activities. A good school curriculum will include extra-curricular activities just like academic subjects. Parents can check with a school about the availability of different facilities like dance classes, sports teams, music lessons, martial arts classed, theatre clubs, and many more that are available to the students.
- Alignment of interests – Understand if the interests of the school align with that of you and in the future of your children. If a school is majorly academically inclined and you would want a school where both academics and extra-curricular activities have equal importance then that school might not be the right fit for you and your child. Choosing a school for a child is not just about when the children are young but also when they are older, teenagers. Will your child be comfortable in the space in the long run? Do you agree with the school values?
- Cost of education – Parents want the best schooling for their children, irrespective of the price. But parents must analyse the complete fee structure of the school before enrolling their children. Also, have a look at the change in the fee structure that happens as the child grows up. Remember expensive is always not the best. Do not commit to costs that will become a huge burden over the years. Apart from documented costs, there are always additional costs that parents have to incur for various school-related purposes. Affordability is important because changing schools is a process much easier said than done, at least from the perspective of a child.