The Witcher, the critically acclaimed series from the Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski and the game developer CD Projekt RED, has been going strong for the past few years. The third season of the show is now airing on Netflix to rave reviews. This blog post will focus on the plot of the new season and include promotional trailers with a breakdown of all the major characters in them!
17 December 2021
Cast and characters:
– Geralt: the protagonist of the series and the titular witcher.
– Yennefer: the sorceress who is the love interest, as well as a powerful mage in her own right.
– Ciri: Geralt’s adopted daughter from the world of the Aen Elle elves (the elder blood). She has some sort of connection to the world of the Aen Sidhe elves, as she is the princess.
– Triss Merigold: a witch from the southern kingdom who is Geralt’s lover and the love interest in the game series. She has not appeared in any other media at this time.
– Eredin (king): One of the major villains in the series, the king of the Aen Elle elves.
– Dagon: One of the main antagonists in the game series and Eredin’s ally.
– Caranthir (Alder): One of the enemy accomplices to Dagon and also an elf from another world with power equivalent to that of the Aen Elle elves.
– Avallac’h: the mage who is the driving force for the plot of the game series and also an elf from another world with power equivalent to that of the Aen Elle Elves.
The third season of the witcher is set in the year 1272. the first episode opens with a flashback to an event from the last season involving white frost, which has now spread across large swathes of land and caused wickedly cold winters throughout the region. Geralt, the protagonist of the game series and the witcher is on a mission to find Avallac’h. The first episode then shifts back in time three years as Geralt recalls the events that led up to his exile from the world he once knew.
It has been announced the third and final installment of the Witcher series will debut in 2019. Little is known about the plot, except that it takes place after the events seen in the first two seasons with Geralt on the lookout for Avallac’h who has gone missing while looking for Ciri.
The final season of the series was released on Netflix in the US and Latin America, as well as in the UK. “The Witcher is coming, to make the world a better place.”
“It’s not easy making the right choices when the fate of the world hangs in the balance. Geralt knows this more than anyone. His enemy? A ruthless band called The Wild Hunt, who rides across the sky and the earth on the backs of magical beasts. They’re a terrifying threat to the world, but they have an Achilles heel: their love for Ciri.”