– Kotaro Amon: a new CCG investigator pursuing Ken Kaneki, but also has some connection to the organization Aogiri Tree. He is described to be a “cool, handsome man who is very serious and introverted.”
– Hinami Fueguchi: Tokyo ghoul season five’s major antagonist. She was raised by her father to become the next leader of Aogiri Tree to carry out his will to exterminate all non-ghouls from Earth.
– Touka Kirishima: Ken Kaneki’s love interest. She is one of the main protagonists of Tokyo ghoul season five and goes to great lengths to keep Ken safe in order to protect him from her sister, Ayato Kirishima.
– Rize Kamishiro: a human who became an experimental subject for Dr Kanou but was killed by Touka Kirishima to protect her friends. Kamishiro was given to Dr Kanou as a prize for his research by the CCG and resembled Kagune because of her Kakuja’s genetic makeup.
– Yoshimura: Owner of Anteiku coffee shop who is very kind to all ghouls. He cares deeply about Touka Kirishima and becomes a father to her.
– Kaneki Ken: One of the main protagonists of Tokyo ghoul season five, he is an amnesiac ghoul who lost his memories to save Touka Kirishima but later regained them after fighting with Arata Kirishima and Ayato Kirishima. He has become one of the most powerful ghouls to exist and has become known as One-Eyed King.
Tokyo Ghoul Season Five has been renewed for a final chapter. This is the last installment to this anime series and will cover the events of Tokyo Ghoul: re, as well as provide closure to previous arcs that did not receive an ending in their original form.
The story takes place six months after the battle between Anteiku and Aogiri Tree with Kaneki’s memories to Touka and Hideyoshi, a.k.a King, respectively which was caused by Arata to protect his identity as Haise Sasaki but this led to him losing all of his memories to the point where he’ll never be able to remember Kaneki again. The story to the final chapter will focus on the struggle to defeat Arata and his goal of a ghoul utopia where they can live in peace without humans.